Product Development Engineer (Job code: ECR-003)
Location: Groton, CT
Supporting new product design, with a focus on performance, manufacturing, cost, and reliability requirements. Conduct feasibility studies and tests to improve the current design. Involve in all phases of development from initial concept to manufacturing. Perform analysis of optics, mounting strategies, detailed geometric tolerances, manufacturability, and cost. Writes reports, and presents results and project assessments to senior management.
• Work independently and be flexible with schedule to accomplish goals within targeted timeframes;
• Be able to interface with multidisciplinary groups and work effectively in a team and be willing to take on responsibility, follow through and keep multiple simultaneous assignments on schedule;
• Be able to quickly acquire technical knowledge from documentation and on-the-job training and be capable of thoroughly investigating analytically technical issues;
• Have strong written and oral communicative skills, be able to perform data analysis, interpret results, write reports and present results; Contribute to scientific literature and conferences;
• Identify critical factors and steps for ongoing projects that impact the overall success of the project;
• Be detail-oriented, organized, and capable of implementing complex tasks and keeping good notes in written;
• Demonstrated "team player" with a quality orientation and interpersonal skills. Provide guidance, training and supervising to junior staff;
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.
Master or Ph.D. degree in mechanical, optical, industrial, or manufacturing engineering with 2+ years’ experience in mechanical engineering/design using CAD tools (Solidworks preferred or industry-accepted drawing programs); Industry experience of designing and building complex devices is highly desired; Understand photochemistry is desired;
Preferred Engineering Background:
• Excellent creativity to conceptualize and implement innovative ideas;
• Proven ability to bring concepts through development and into production;
• Design experience with stepper motor, linear actuators and Scara robots;
• Design experience with motion and position sensors;
• Experience in machine design with understanding of mechanical assemblies, machining and tolerances;
• Understanding of lens optics;
• Experience working with optics assembly and manufacturing processes
• Marlin or other robot control firmware;
• Experience with C/C++ and/or Python;
• United States (Required)
Enrich Therapeutics Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com.