Research Scientist (Job code: ECR-005)
Location: Branford, CT
Designs, implements, and executes scientific research and development projects in collaboration with a larger research team. Responsible for the design and development of new methods and technologies for project advancement. Makes detailed observations, analyzes data, interprets results, writes reports, and presents results and project assessments to various stakeholders.
• Plan and execute a broad range of cell-based assays for the development and mechanistic understanding of cell therapies.
• Work independently to accomplish goals within target timeframes.
• Investigate, design, and develop new methods and technologies for project advancement.
• Perform data analysis, interpret results, write reports, and present results and project assessments to Senior Management.
• Provide scientific guidance and training to more junior staff. May directly supervise one or more members of R&D group.
• Interface with various departments and serve as an internal consultant.
• Contribute to scientific literature and conferences.
• Identify critical factors and steps in the research project that impact the overall success of the project.
• Detail-oriented, organized, and capable of implementing complex protocols and keeping good notes in a lab notebook.
• Flexible with work schedule to meet critical project deadlines.
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities.
• Ph.D., or Master’s degree with equivalent experience in cell biology, immunology, molecular biology, or related field, with 1-3 years or 6-8 years of relevant industry or academic experience with in vitro assay development using primary immune cells.
• In-depth understanding of/proficiency in development of cell-based assays involving immune cells regarding proliferation, cytokine production, cytotoxicity, etc.
• Expertise in standard molecular biology/nucleic acid-based and protein-based protocols.
• Skilled in assay design and project troubleshooting in a fast-paced research environment.
• Team-oriented, excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong organizational and record-keeping skills, advanced cell culture laboratory skills.
• United States (Required)
Enrich Therapeutics Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.